Each year, the Summit Prosecuting Office holds a contest for all of the counties 6th, 7th and 8th graders. Participating students pick from categories that center around making good decisions and avoiding poor decisions. Those categories include
- Trust yourself! Don't give in to Peer Pressure
- Don't Do Drugs
- Don't Use Alcohol
- Never Play with Guns
- Don't Smoke or Vaping
- Never Give Out Personal Online
- Don't Talk to or go With Anyone You Don't Know
- Say NO to Unwanted Touch!
- Never Tell Anyone You are Home Alone
- Say NO to Gangs
- Stop Bullies in Their Tracks! Always Tell an Adult
- Violence at Home is Never Okay! Your Home Should be a Safe Place.
2020 marks the Nineteenth year that Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh has sponsored this calendar contest.
The goal of the contest is to educate our children about the 12 “Rules for Staying Safe.”