Services We Offer
Services are available to both custodial and non-custodial parents. CSEA can establish paternity through genetic testing free of charge and establish and enforce child support orders.
In order to receive full extent of services, completion of a IV-D application is required. You can complete a IV-D application by clicking here. https://prosecutor.summitoh.net/files/28138/file/2cseaapp6-9-20.pdf
If you have a question about your case, contact the CSEA Customer Service Team at 330-643-2765. Please listen carefully to the message as information has changed. You will be prompted to leave a voicemail message which will be return within 48 business hours. Be sure to include your full name, phone number, SETS case number or social security number and any pertinent information which will help our Customer Service Team better assist you. Our Customer Service voicemail system will accept messages Monday -Friday 8:00-4:30, excluding holidays.
You can also contact CSEA by logging into the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Child Support Customer Service Web Portal HERE. This is a web-based application as well as a mobile application which provides easy, on-demand access to your case. You will receive a response to your portal message within 48 business hours.
CSEA Customer Service also offers virtual meetings using ZOOM. To request a meeting with a team member, call CSEA Customer Service at 330-643-2765 and leave a voicemail indicating your interest in speaking with a case manager via ZOOM. You will be contacted and provided the ZOOM link.
Submitting Documentation to CSEA
The CSEA has several options available for submitting information.
Information may be mailed to CSEA at Summit County CSEA, 175 South Main Street, 5th Floor, Akron, Ohio 44308
Information may be dropped off at our drop-box located on the 4th floor of the Ohio Building, next to the ATM machine, or on the 5th floor outside our office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The CSEA does not provide services for visitation issues, including requests for enforcing or establishing visitation rights; determination of a child/children's custody, including requests for changes and/or modifying custody or a change in residential parent; property settlement issues; arresting or physically detaining anyone (the County Sheriff is responsible for these actions); obtaining documents for your case such as a birth certificate, divorce decree, tax returns, or other necessary paperwork (these documents may be obtained by contacting the appropriate court, health department, or taxing entity).
CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- Debit and credit card payments can be made online with no additional fee at: https://oh.smartchildsupport.com
- Payments can be made through E-wallet accounts, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, or Venmo. Note: Venmo is only available on mobile devices.
- Credit and debit card payments can also be made over the phone by calling: 1-888-965-2676 and selecting Option 5.
- Cash payments can be submitted by purchasing a money order and mailing to: (To ensure proper credit, please include your full name, SETS case # and SSN on the payment)
P.O. Box 182372
Columbus, OH 43218-2372
- Cash payments can also be made via Money Gram at local Wal-Mart, CVS, and other locations for a minimum fee ($3.99) The Money Gram location must be a "Pay a Bill Center" in order to accept Ohio Child Support payments **use business code 14674. You may search for MoneyGram locations near you at: https://www.moneygram.com/mgo/us/en/locations
NOTE: CSEA does not accept cash in our office.
Starting 6/8/2022, parents and caretakers that receive child support payments can verify if they have an inactive or unpinned smiONE card with an available balance on the Ohio Child Support Payment Central Internet Payment Website.
To access this new feature, go to Ohio CSPC Internet Payment Website (smartchildsupport.com).
Select “Check for inactive smiONE Debit Card”.
Enter “first name, last name, and city”.
If there is an exact match, the search results will advise “Possible match found. Contact smiONE Customer Service at 855-279-2744”.
If there is not an exact match, the search results will advise “No match found”.
The pamphlets below can help you understand the services we provide.
Tools & E-Services